Subscription   Feedback   New User   Login      
Tax Management India .com
TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Articles Highlights TMI Notes SMS News Newsletters Calendar Imp. Links Database Experts Contact us More....
Extracts
Home List
← Previous Next →

Finance Ministry releases India’s External Debt Statistics end-December 2016

News and Press Release - Dated:- 1-4-2017 - Department of Economic Affairs(DEA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India has been compiling and releasing Quarterly Statistics on India s External Debt for the quarters ending September and December ev .....

X X X X X X X

Extract - Part text only
Click here to Access Full Contents

X X X X X X X

debt during the period was due to the fall in long-term external debt, particularly the fall in NRI deposits reflecting the redemption of FCNR (B) deposits and decline in commercial borrowings with fall in both commercial bank loans and securitized b .....

X X X X X X X

Extract - Part text only
Click here to Access Full Contents

X X X X X X X

At end-December 2016, long-term external debt accounted for 81.6 per cent of India s total external debt, while the remaining 18.4 per cent was short-term debt. (iii) While long-term debt at US$ 372.2 billion, declined by US$ 29.4 billion (7.3 per ce .....

X X X X X X X

Extract - Part text only
Click here to Access Full Contents

X X X X X X X

S$ 7.3 billion. This implies that excluding the valuation effect, the decrease in external debt would have been lower at US$ 21.7 billion at end-December over end-March 2016. (v) The shares of Government (Sovereign) and non-Government debt in the tot .....

X X X X X X X

Extract - Part text only
Click here to Access Full Contents

X X X X X X X

R (5.9 per cent), Japanese yen (4.4 per cent), Euro (2.7 per cent), Pound Sterling (0.7 per cent) and Others (0.5 per cent). (vii) Many key external debt indicators of India show improvement at end-December 2016 over end-March 2016. Besides, total ex .....

X X X X X X X

Extract - Part text only
Click here to Access Full Contents

X X X X X X X

Though, the share of short-term debt (original maturity) in total debt increased to 18.4 per cent from 17.2 per cent during this period due to rise in trade related credits, the share of short term debt (residual maturity) in total external debt fell .....

X X X X X X X

Extract - Part text only
Click here to Access Full Contents

X X X X X X X

 

 

 

 

 

what is new what is new
  ↓     bird's eye view     ↓  


|| Home || Acts and Rules || Notifications || Circulars || Schedules || Tariff || Forms || Case Laws || Manuals ||

|| About us || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || TMI Database || Members || Site Map ||

© Taxmanagementindia.com [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.

Go to Mobile Version