Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...

Category of Documents

TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms Manuals SMS News Articles
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Customs - Import - Export - Customs - SEZ This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

jobwork by sez, Customs - Import - Export - Customs - SEZ

Issue Id: - 115183
Dated: 13-7-2019
By:- murali narasimhan
jobwork by sez

  • Contents


Please clarify whether a SEZ unit can import goods for jobwork/correction and re-Export it. what is the procedure to be followed in the documentation/aprovals

Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Records

1 Dated: 13-7-2019
By:- Rajagopalan Ranganathan


There are provisions in SEZ Act and the rules made thereunder for sub-contracting manufacturing process to DTA unit by SEZ Developer or unit. (Rule 41 of SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES RULES, 2006) and there is procedure for sub-contracting in Domestic Tariff Area or in a Unit in other Special Economic Zones or in Export Oriented Unit or in Electronic Hardware Technology Park unit or in Software Technology Park Unit or Bio-technology Park Unit or sub-contracting abroad. However there is no prescribed procedure for carrying out job work on imported goods and for re-export of the same.

In my opinion since the goods are imported for job work and re-exported after job work it do not require any permission since SEZ Developer/unit can import /export any goods without payment of customs duties.

2 Dated: 14-7-2019

This query has been posted again. I agree with the views of Sh.Ranganathan Sir. The definition of 'manufacture' provided under SEZ Act includes repair also.

For proper procedure (latest), approach SEZ Officer (Asstt.Commissioner) in charge of your unit. You will get latest information as internal correspondence is not available here. Your visit to SEZ Officer will be very useful.

3 Dated: 14-7-2019

Also see Notification No.158-Customs/1995 dated 14.11.1995 as amended vide Notification Nos. 34/2010-Cus. dated 16-03-2010, 60/2012-Cus. dated 06-12-2012, 43/2017-Cus. dated 30-06-2017 and 60/2018-Cus. dated 11-09-2018

4 Dated: 15-7-2019
By:- murali narasimhan

Dear sir

Thanks for the reply. can you please elaborate an example of how it should be done.

5 Dated: 16-7-2019

Regarding procedure you should visit the office of SEZ Officer(Asstt.Commissioner) incharge SEZ Unit). You will get correct advice there.

6 Dated: 18-7-2019
By:- raghunandhaanan r vi


If LOA provides job work as authorized operations of the SEZ unit, job work can be done

by SEZ unit . Otherwise specific approval from Development Commissioner of SEZ is required for such activities


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Blog || Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||