Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...
TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms SMS News Articles
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Goods and Services Tax - GST This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

ITC on the imports made by multi unit Manufacturer - Is ITC allowed to the Importer, Goods and Services Tax - GST

Issue Id: - 116788
Dated: 12-10-2020
By:- UMKhonaandCo m
ITC on the imports made by multi unit Manufacturer - Is ITC allowed to the Importer

  • Contents

In case the Manufacturer having multi locational units in different states and he is importing the goods. In case while filing the Bill of entry by mistake the system picks up the GSTN of the unit other than the actual user either HO or other unit in another state. In that case, whether the ITC would be available to the Unit where the goods are actually arrived and consumed. If yes, what would be the procedure for availment of the ITC.

This happens sometimes due to the ICEGATE random pickup.


Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Records

1 Dated: 12-10-2020
By:- Ganeshan Kalyani

Sir, the GSTIN mentioned on the bill of entry will be considered for claiming credit. The address on all the import documents should of that address where GSTIN in mentioned.

2 Dated: 13-10-2020
By:- kamalakara ks


Kindly note below

Please provide correct GSTN were the proposed goods are going to be consumed in BOE,

If by chance if there is error ,

Then make invoice from GSTN were BOE is mentioned to where it is proposed to be consumed.

Make E-way bill accordingly

Since it is distinct person sales no impact on financials

3 Dated: 18-10-2020

Kindly ask your Customs Broker to opt the correct Branch Code and GSTIN while filing online Bill of Entry through ICES 1.5. In case of any wrong entry then under Section 149 of the Customs Act, 1962 you can get it corrected from Customs Department to avail the ITC.


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||