Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...
TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms Articles News
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Service Tax This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

Pre-deposit paid in appeal in remand case., Service Tax

Issue Id: - 117299
Dated: 23-6-2021
By:- Augusten Jiwan
Pre-deposit paid in appeal in remand case.

  • Contents

Dear Sir,

Against an Order-in-Appeal where case was remanded 2nd time for 3rd time adjudication, an appeal was filed before the CESTAT against the remand order of Commissioner (Appeals) by paying requisite pre-deposit. However, in the mean time, if adjudication is done by the adjudicating authority in view of the remand order of the Commissioner (Appeals) and on the basis of 1st appeal, if OIA is also passed against which a fresh Appeal before CESTAT is liable to be filed, what would be status of pre-deposit which had already been paid while filing earlier appeal before CESTAT against remand order of the Commissioner (Appeals). Now in these circumstances, again appeal will be filed against the latest OIA and already pending appeal against the earlier OIA against remand order has to be withdrawn. Now my doubt is that the process of withdrawal of appeal will take time, so in the mean time whether can I use pre-deposit already paid at the time earlier appeal (which will be withdrawn in due course) for the fresh appeal against the latest OIA or I have pay pre-deposit second time for the same disputed amount and can claim refund on receipt of orders permitting to withdraw earlier appeal..

Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Records

1 Dated: 23-6-2021

In my view, if you withdraw the earlier appeal and produce the proof of application for withdrawal to the Registrar, CESTAT; there will be no need to pay pre-deposit again. You should make a written request to The Registrar, CESTAT for this purpose. Hopefully it will be accepted.

2 Dated: 24-6-2021
By:- Augusten Jiwan

Thanks Sethi Saheb.


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||