Please clarify the following question about Entry Tax in Karnataka
1. Is entry tax liable for raw Material & consumables?
2. Is entry tax liable for trading goods?
3. When stock transfer of finished goods from one Municipality limit to another Municipality limit with in the state is liable entry tax?
4. When stock transfer of finished goods from Municipality limit to Corporation limit or wise versa with in the state is liable entry tax?
Posts / Replies
1) There is no entry tax for raw materials and consumables in Karnataka. Only notified goods attract entry tax.
2) Entry Tax is attracted on entry of goods into the local area for use, consumption or sale therein.
3) Same as above.
4) If your finished goods are notified goods, you are liable to pay entry tax.