Tax Management India. Com
                            Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...
TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts / Rules Notifications Circulars Tariff/ ITC HSN Forms Manuals News SMS Articles Highlights
Discussions Forum
Home Forum Income Tax This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

Submission of Returns by a Power of Atorney Holder, Income Tax

Issue Id: - 111315
Dated: 3-1-2017
By:- Srivatsan Krishnamachari
Submission of Returns by a Power of Atorney Holder

  • Contents

Dear learned Friends,

Kindly clarify the following query: An Indian Citizen who is not a Resident of India receives income from certain sources like Interest on Fixed Deposits.Since he is not a resident of India during a given Financial year he cannot submit Form 15G though his income including interest on Deposits earned in India does not exceed the taxable limit and in such a case can a Power of Attorney Holder file the returns on behalf of the Non Resident concerned and get refund of Tax Deducted at source. Kindly give your valued clarification.

Thanks & With Regards,


Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Records

1 Dated: 4-1-2017

In my view a power of attorney holder can file the returns on behalf of the non resident.

2 Dated: 5-1-2017
By:- Srivatsan Krishnamachari

Mr.Mariyappan Sir,

Thanks for your reply.



3 Dated: 7-1-2017
By:- Ganeshan Kalyani

I agree with the views of Sri Mariappan Sir. There is clause in the return wherein the representative of the assessee need to declare that he/she filing return on behalf of the assessee. Thanks.

4 Dated: 9-1-2017
By:- Srivatsan Krishnamachari

Thanks Madam for the reply.Can you please more specific on the "Clause" which allows a person to file IT return on be half of another.



5 Dated: 9-1-2017

Shri Ganeshan Kalyani is not a lady.

6 Dated: 9-1-2017

Ganeshanji, I therefore request you to upload your photo in this forum.

7 Dated: 12-1-2017
By:- Srivatsan Krishnamachari

Mr. Mariappan Sir,

I got confused with the name "Kalyani" Its a genuine mistake. I am sorry.




Old Query - New Comments are closed.

← Previous Next →
Discussion Forum
what is new what is new

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || TMI Database || Members ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.