Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...

Category of Documents

TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms Manuals SMS News Articles
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Goods and Services Tax - GST This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

Purchase without bill, Goods and Services Tax - GST

Issue Id: - 115713
Dated: 27-11-2019
By:- Harvinder Singh
Purchase without bill

  • Contents

My client is small trader registered as normal tax payer with annual turnover of less than 50 lakhs. He had purchased some goods from very lower level unregistered supplier who don't even provide invoice (given kacha parcha). Now my query is how to show this in GSTR 3B and GSTR-1.

1.Being small trader he is not maintaining any account.

2. All billing is b2b so has to declare that sale of product purchased from unregistered dealer.

3. HOW TO KEEP RECORD FOR THIS PURCHASE WITHOUT MAINTAING ACCOUNT. Do we need to generate self invoice without RCM?

Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Records

1 Dated: 27-11-2019
By:- Ganeshan Kalyani

There are software available in the market which may help you to maintain your books of accounts.

2 Dated: 29-11-2019

Purchases from URD is exempt from payment of GST under RCM for now [other than notified services u/s. 9(3)]. Yes GST registered buyer has to raise self-invoice of such purchases from URD and declare the same in exempted purchases in GSTR 3B return in Table-5 [Exempt or nil rated or non GST inward supply].

3 Dated: 29-11-2019

O.K. But the querist has problem with Katcha Bill. If the small trader is exempted from GST, commercial invoice has to be issued. Katcha bill ( slip) has no legal value. Goods have to be accounted for properly.


Q.No.7 If we are only dealing in exempted items what is the type of invoice we are required to issue to our buyers? Is it bill of supply or regular GST Invoice?

Ans. You may issue a commercial invoice in such cases. However, if you are a registered person, you may issue a bill of supply for exempt supplies


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||