Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...
TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms Articles News
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Goods and Services Tax - GST This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

how to claim refund on the wrongly declared amount in GSTR 3B, Goods and Services Tax - GST

Issue Id: - 116713
Dated: 16-9-2020
By:- Hariharan Sundaram
how to claim refund on the wrongly declared amount in GSTR 3B

  • Contents

Dear experts while filing the GSTR 3B, the taxpayer filled the details of zero rated supply in the column "taxable outward supply" . Now the taxpayer filed the refund on accumulated ITC on account of zero rated supply and the tax authorities issued deficiency memo that there is no zero rated supply in GSTR 3B. Since the GSTR 3B is filed, there is a double loss one is GST is paid on zero rated supply and another thing we are unable to claim refund of accumulated ITC on account of zero rated supply. Kindly give your valuable opinion as to whether refund can be claimed for both?

Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Records

1 Dated: 17-9-2020
By:- Ganeshan Kalyani

Sir, the below public notice was issued recently to enable the taxpayer to rectify such errors.

PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 100/2020 Dated: - 14-8-2020

2 Dated: 17-9-2020
By:- Hariharan Sundaram

Sir thank you very much for your reply. However in our case, export is NOT done on payment of duty but on the basis of LUT. Further in our case, zero rated supply is entered in the taxable outward supply in the GSTR 3B. So we have to pay GST for zero rated supply. Sir kindly clarify whether the above clarification is applicable to our case. Further kindly provide the solution for the issue since there is double loss. Firstly, the department is allowing refund for the accumulated ITC voting GSTR 3B. Secondly we have already paid gst for the zero rated supply due to wrong reporting

3 Dated: 18-9-2020
By:- Shilpi Jain

Adjust the tax paid mistakenly in 3B in the subsequent period and rectify the disclosure in Form GSTR-3B. Explain the same to the officer and also have a look at circular 125/2019 in this regard.

4 Dated: 21-9-2020

Mistakes occurred in GST Returns can be rectified in subsequent period's statutory returns which is a great facility in GST Regime, which was missing if Excise/VAT/CST Regime.

5 Dated: 28-9-2020
By:- Bhavika Chothani

Adjust the amount in GSTR-3B of subsequent month


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||