Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...
TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms SMS News Articles
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Goods and Services Tax - GST This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

GST Wrongly Paid - ITC, Goods and Services Tax - GST

Issue Id: - 116746
Dated: 28-9-2020
By:- Ethirajan Parthasarathy
GST Wrongly Paid - ITC

  • Contents

A business entity, by mistake, pays RCM tax on municipal tax paid. Is it entitled to set-off this as ITC or should they go for only for refund.

Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Records

1 Dated: 28-9-2020
By:- Himansu Sekhar

Refund is the option.

2 Dated: 29-9-2020

Tax under RCM is paid in cash. So you must get refund in cash. So better option is filing refund claim on the ground of "Wrongly Paid". Read Rule 86(4A) inserted w.e.f. 23.03.2020 of CGST Rules.

"Rule-86 .[(4A) Where a registered person has claimed refund of any amount paid as tax wrongly paid or paid in excess for which debit has been made from the electronic credit ledger, the said amount, if found admissible, shall be re-credited to the electronic credit ledger by the proper officer by an order made in FORM GST PMT-03.]".

Also go through Circular No.135/05/2020-GST dated 31.3.2020 as amended vide Circular No. 139/09/2020-GST, dated 10-6-2020.


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||