Tax Management India. Com
                        Law and Practice: A Digital eBook ...

Category of Documents

TMI - Tax Management India. Com
Case Laws Acts Notifications Circulars Classification Forms Manuals SMS News Articles
D. Forum
What's New


Discussions Forum
Home Forum Income Tax This
A Public Forum.
Anyone can participate to share knowledge.
We acknowledge the contributions of Experts/ Authors.

Submit new Issue / Query

← Previous Next →

TRACES Registration, Income Tax

Issue Id: - 114173
Dated: 24-9-2018
By:- Himanshu Agarwal
TRACES Registration

  • Contents

I received a TAN number recently and want to create account on Traces to file return but while registration it shows

"You can NOT register on TRACES at present due to one of the reasons

i. You have not filed any statement for the mentioned TAN OR

ii. All the statements filed for Financial Year 2009-10 and onwards are in cancelled state OR

iii. All the statements filed for Financial Year 2009-10 and onwards are NIL Statements (having ALL challans with amount=0)"

So should i need to file a return manually first for registration? Or what is the procedure?

Post Reply

Posts / Replies

Showing Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Records

1 Dated: 24-9-2018

You may approach the jurisdictional authorities in this regard.

2 Dated: 24-9-2018
By:- Yash Jain

Dear Sir,

Please file at least one Nil Return by sending the same to third party, say karvy, and then wait for 7-10 days.

Post filing you will be able to register for TAN.


3 Dated: 16-11-2018

Shri Yash, whether it is possible?


Post Reply

← Previous Next →

|| Home || About us || Feedback || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || Database || Members || Refer Us ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.
|| Blog || Site Map - Recent || Site Map || ||