Bookmarks   Feedback   Annual Subscription   New User   Login  
Tax Management India .com   
   TMI - Tax Management India. Com   
Employees sent on deputation to subsidiary/ associate companies (Service Tax)    *    Duty drawback    *    MEIS procedure for export    *    Subcontract Manufacturing by 100% EOU for a Main contractor (Outside India) who is in contract with an Indian Brand Owner for supply of Ready Made garments    *    CENVAT CREDIT    *    After GST - Machinery booking on commission    *    New Issue / query = Export against the INR Purchase Order    *    Where supply of goods without transfer to title has to be treated as service, whether on importation of such goods i.e. deemed services, customs duty and GST would be levied simultaneously?    *    First stage dealer    *    determination of assessable value for job work transaction    *    Cabinet approves Agreement and the Protocol between India and Cyprus for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion    *    Appointment of Common Adjudicating Authority by DGRI    *    Boarding and Rummaging of vessels, aircrafts and vehicles    *    service tax payament-reg    *    Education Cess / Secondary & Higher Education Cess    *    Seeks to further amend Notification No. 96/2008-Customs dated 13.08.2008 so as to include 'Republic of Guinea-Bissau' in the list of countries eligible for preferential tariff under the said notification    *    Amends Notification No.22/2003-Central Excise dated 31.3.2003    *    Regarding Filing of returns through digital signature    *    Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley to inaugurate the Conference on “International Arbitration in BRICS: Challenges, Opportunities and Road ahead” on August 27, 2016 in the national capital;    *    TAXABLE EVENT UNDER GST
Discussions Forum
Home Forum Service Tax
← Previous Next →

How to surrender Service Tax Registration Certificate - Service Tax

#1 Issue Id: - 3364
Dated: 7-9-2011
By:- Laxman Mane
How to surrender Service Tax Registration Certificate

  • Forum

How to surrender Service Tax Registration Certificate.




Post Reply

Posts / Replies


#2 Dated: 7-9-2011
By:- pradeep khatri

You would have to return original certificate with an undertaking that if there is any liability arises then you would pay it off.

#3 Dated: 7-9-2011
By:- Laxman Mane

Thanks for reply.

There is any format or any form to submit or return original certificat..

#4 Dated: 7-9-2011
By:- pradeep khatri

Simple letter on your company's letter head will suffice.

#5 Dated: 7-9-2011

You should go online through and surrender the RC online get a print of this and submit to the range superintendent, there should be no liability pending to you of service tax or any case pending against you,


#6 Dated: 8-9-2011
By:- pradeep khatri

Dear Sir,

I do agree with 'Neeraj Sir' on this matter.  Further, the Service Tax Registration certificate (ST-2) should be surrendered to the respective

Central Excise / Service Tax authorities [Rule 4(7) of the STR, 1994].

Rule 4(7) of the STR,1994 :- Every registered assessee, who ceases to provide the taxable service for which he is registered, shal surrender his registration certificate immediately to the Supretendent of Central Excise.  On receipt of the certificate under sub-rule (7), the Superintendent of Central Excise shall ensure that the assessee has paid all taxes, dues, to the Central Government under the provisions of the Act, and the rules and the notifications issued thereunder, and thereupon cancel the registration certificate. [Inserted vide Notification No. 5/2006-ST, dt. 01-03-2006.]

Thanks and Best Regards,

Pradeep Khatri


#7 Dated: 8-9-2011
By:- deepak gulati
It is not as simple, they require Returns of last 3 year alongwith an affidavit regarding Input liabilty. Also it is never canceled by the department on line.
#8 Dated: 8-9-2011

As far as Mr Gulati's view is concerned , We can discuss and give comment only on the provisions valid as per law and not about the whims of some officer. If any particular officer asks for some papers that doesnot become a law. As far as online surrender is concerned it is done online, try this, being hostile is not solution to every thing.

#9 Dated: 9-9-2011
By:- pradeep khatri

I do agree with the view of 'Neeraj Sir'. We are here to share our knowledge, viewpoints and opinions by using such a good platform. 

Post Reply


← Previous Next →
what is new what is new

Advanced Search

Latest Updates




More Options


|| About us || Contact us || Disclaimer || Terms of Use || Privacy Policy || TMI Database || Members || Site Map || ||

© [A unit of MS Knowledge Processing Pvt. Ltd.] All rights reserved.

Go to Mobile Version